Tuesday 18 August 2009

Flame leviathan; what's the point?


When my guild organised an Ulduar 10 man run yesterday I had never done it before. They let me tag along because they allready had an awesome group and there were'nt any hunters and they said "It's ok if your gear isn't great, we're doing flame leviathan." I thought that flame leviathan sounded pretty badass and because it's in uludar it'd be pretty hard to do but I didn't question lest I be kicked from the group. So I summoned them all with some help from my guild leader and we all went in. Brann Bronzebeard lowered the shield and we all jumped into our respective tanks. So we trundle down and find the flame leviathan. 300k health with the tower up. The tower I speak of increases his health by 100k and if you kill him with it up better items can drop but we were looking for an easy ride so we toppled it. After a long hard slug against him we finaly brought the massive tank down and he dropped Ironsoul and a chestpeice for elemental or restoration shamans. I think it was called firestrider chestguard. Anyway that left me wondering what the point in gathering a group with awesome gear to down him was. All you do is hop in a tank and play the part designed for that tank. Ah well, I can't complain can I? The flame leviathan is still a realy hard boss and you realy have to earn those drops!

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment